News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stuck in Salt Lake City. Broken quick disconnect fuel fitting...... HELP!!

Started by bjago, September 02, 2013, 05:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjago

I was in the process of starting the UTBDR (http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/UTBDR ), but while working on a failing radiator cap change causing overheating one of the fuel tank quick disconnects broke in half.   I was able to transport the bike to Salt Lake City for some triage.   What I am working on now is waiting for the local Triumph dealer to open to hopefully (fingers crossed) just get the parts that they have in stock.  If they don't have them in stock I'm gonna source them from Colder products US. 

My problem is the timing. If the dealer doesn't stock the parts and that Colder products customer service in question for next day air shipping.  A flare is being fired into the air as a mayday call for anyone on the forum to see if anyone has spares set aside. 

I'll be taking the fuel plate off today at my friends house in Salt Lake City in hopes I removin the broken fitting out and evaluate the situation until I can get ahold of the dealer on Tuesday. 

Thanks for your guys help in advance

If anyone has any need to contact me immediately email works at bjago@aol.com
05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

bjago

Thanks for all your guys' help and assistance..... Oh wait I got not a drop of help or assistance from a single soul.   

Good work fellas! 

Oh I did get the bike fixed and I did complete the majority of the UTBDR,  but I'm gonna keep that info to myself  :-P
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

Mustang

Kinda hard to help from 2000 + miles away ................... just sayin  :bug_eye

Chris Canning

Could be worse!! when mine broke I'm within yards of a bike dealer I pull outside and go in and ask for help being somewhat of a panic with a ferry to catch within the hour,he comes outside and says 'Can you move the bike the fuel will ruin the tarmac' and goes back in that's the sum total of the help I got.

It's a lesson for anyone dumb enough or stupid enough to still be riding around with plastic females.

When I go past the Honda dealer just outside Dover always give e'm the finger as we ride by  :icon_evil:

bjago

It was just a bump in the road on an amazing adventure. Nothing like shoving a fully loaded Triumph Tiger through axle deep powder silt or having to remove the front fender cause of the accumulated mud stopping the front wheel from rotating.   
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

PeteH

Quote from: Mustang on September 09, 2013, 04:32:25 PM
Kinda hard to help from 2000 + miles away ................... just sayin  :bug_eye

Ditto that.....big pond in the way, surprised nobody over your way offered assistance, as for the failed elbow...it should have been done under re call
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

bjago

Quote from: PeteH on September 10, 2013, 12:01:51 AM
Quote from: Mustang on September 09, 2013, 04:32:25 PM

Ditto that.....big pond in the way, surprised nobody over your way offered assistance, as for the failed elbow...it should have been done under re call

It wasn't the elbow it was the female receptacle in the fuel tanks pump plate that broke.
86 Ninja 600 (sold)