News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Diagnostics/code reader

Started by fraserdog, October 21, 2013, 11:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

Now I've got the bike i'm trying to amass spares/bits and bobs for it and was wondering what do I need to read and clear fault codes and do basic diagnostics,i'm not that good with pc's and wouldn't have a clue how to do mapping.Any info appreciated.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

HockleyBoy

Search for TuneECU on here, free software and then all you need is a £10 cable to read and remove your fault codes and upload maps if you want to.

Simple to set up an use (I managed it) but do some reading first before you mess with the maps.

Bob is your expert here i fyou get stuck.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: fraserdog on October 21, 2013, 11:22:43 PM
Now I've got the bike i'm trying to amass spares/bits and bobs for it and was wondering what do I need to read and clear fault codes and do basic diagnostics,i'm not that good with pc's and wouldn't have a clue how to do mapping.Any info appreciated.

You have two options you either go the BB/MG route or be like me I'm not savvy enough with a PC I know people who are but I've found the trick is to find a good map and stick with it,the problem being I can't resist trying another.

The way I tackle the job keep the bike clean under the tank,plugs filter etc on a regular basis and spend some time finding a Triumph dealer who knows what he's doing,I used Windy Corner for years until Triumph pulled the plug and it took time to find another which has been a steady process of getting to know them and them getting to know my charmless self  :icon_wink: so if they dropped a bollock they'd have WW3 on their hands it works well with a few blips.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: HockleyBoy on October 22, 2013, 09:40:15 AM

Bob is your expert here i fyou get stuck.

Thanks for the accolade, but Metalguru knows his way round TuneECU better than me, I'm more of a Tuneboy  :augie

I do have a fairly sound understanding of how the system works though, it took  :icon_study: :icon_study: :icon_study:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

:iagree

Can't say more than that really, except install on a good laptop and have a play but be sure not to change anything until you have a full and complete knowledge of your actions.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

fraserdog

Cheers guys,i have a laptop running XP that I keep for diagnostics for my car (never used it yet),where can I get the connecting lead for the TuneECU?
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

metalguru

2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.