News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacement bulbs

Started by fraserdog, October 22, 2013, 10:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

All I seem to do is ask questions! :icon_rolleyes:,anyway I was thinking of changing the idiot light bulbs/instrument illumination bulbs and clock bulb for brighter led's,i've done a search but i'm a bit confused as to what I need,can anyone let me know what size/type of bulbs I would need to do the job,any info appreciated.When I've had the bike a while I might be able to contribute something to the forum rather than keep asking questions  :icon_redface:
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Bixxer Bob

I'm pretty sure Kuzzin Kenny did a definitive list..... :XXcomputer
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

If you look in the "how to" threads, at the top of this page, there`s a list in there, although i can`t access it at the moment.

Marc

For the Speedo, Temp and Fuel meter: T10 
for tacho, clock, and idiots: T6.5 (T5 will do)

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,10624.msg78443.html#msg78443
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

fraserdog

Once I've confirmed the sizes do I need to get coloured (e.g. green for neutral light) or just clear/white ones?
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

rf9rider

Although mines a Steamer, i used the white ones as the light covers are coloured.

Don`t know if you have a low fuel level warning light on the Girlies, the Led bulbs won`t work with that, although there is a fix if you`re prepared to mess about with soldering some resistors for it.

Dutch

Quote from: fraserdog on October 22, 2013, 10:16:40 PM
I was thinking of changing the idiot light bulbs/instrument illumination bulbs and clock bulb for brighter led's
Maybe a dumb question from my side: why? The lights shouldn't be to bright either otherwise it is annoying when riding in the dark.

Marc

Quote from: fraserdog on October 23, 2013, 07:20:48 PM
Once I've confirmed the sizes do I need to get coloured (e.g. green for neutral light) or just clear/white ones?

You can put coloured ones in the tacho, odo, fuel an T°. That's personal choice I think.  I did the white ones, but others love the green ones ...
But for the idiot lights, clear/white is obvious because of the different colors.
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39