News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

High fender conversion?

Started by gawoody83, October 18, 2013, 01:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawoody83

Hey guys, what all is involved with doing a high fender conversion? Seems like a mount and a second brake line for the right side. Pics welcomed!

Bixxer Bob

First, welcome. Second, please fill in the location part of your profile. Third, use the search button.  You'll need it sooner or later so it might as well be now.  It's been done, with pics.

I need a button on my keyboard that fills in all this to save me typing it all the time....   :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

gawoody83

Copy and paste? Sorry, only found pics nothing to clear for whats been done and no details.

Mustang

try the search phrase "high fender"    :thumbsup

Dutch

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on October 18, 2013, 08:52:46 PM
I need a button on my keyboard that fills in all this to save me typing it all the time....   :icon_rolleyes:
For XP I'd recommend Texter. Unfortunatly this doesn't work for Win7, but PhraseExpress is a good alternative.

Bixxer Bob

On my tablet I have a couple of programmable buttons (remember them? Commodore 64 ???) one currently fills in my email address, the other is blank, but when I wrote that I was on my laptop.  I could re-prog one of them  :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

cba191

I want to remove the hugger and go with a high fender, but stretch doesn't do it anymore. :(

and now I want to find my old c64 too..
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Bixxer Bob

Sorry for the hijack, but learning to program and write games on my C64 was a life-changer for me.  It gave me a head start over my peers when CNC arrived in our workshop and my fair-to-middling career suddenly took off in an unexpected direction.

Back on topic,  it looks like you'll have to take some ideas from the Steamer guys and improvise.  RF9 did a nice one if I remember rightly and he does excellent write-ups.

gawoody83

So i got a mysterious mx fender from the local bike shop for 5 bucks and quickly made some brackets work. The fender sits around 1.5" above where the other fender sat with NO permanent modifications.

Sin_Tiger

That's a version I haven't seen before, could well start a new trend, got a sort of Pteradactyl look going on there  :icon_lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint