News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Touratech or Happy Trails racks

Started by cba191, October 28, 2013, 08:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

I'm looking at durability, quality and size of both.  For anyone out there that has either of these, could you do me a favor and measure just the racks?  I am curious as to overall width and distance from centerline on both racks.  I'm looking to replace the factory bags for durability concerns, and am looking at ideas.

Thank you
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

TigerJon

Just measured my HTs....19.75 inches (50cm) total width.  8 inches from center on left, 11.75 on right due to exhaust.  Highly recommend the Happy Trails.  Mine (10.5" and 9" Tetons) are high quality and roomy.  The wifey and I had plenty of room for a 16 day tour in late September, two up on our 2005 Girly.
Jon
2005 Tiger 955i

cba191

I've read some horror stories about mounting the racks.  I'm not a huge fan of futzing to make something work.  So I like hearing about satisfied users.

cba191

waterboy

Just put the HT's on my 885i in about 20 minutes.  No big deal.  And ended up not using the rear turn signal relocators.  Already installed my Pelican Cases IM2400 and IM2450.

cba191

does anyone have pics of just the racks?

TigerJon

Here are a few for you....

With boxes:

Without:

Hope these help you out!
Jon
2005 Tiger 955i

cba191

Tripodtiger

Nothing further on the Touratech cases?
Not certain if Happy Trails are available here.  (Just started searching).
cheers
rayb
'73 RD250, '80 XS11, '81 RD350LC,
'96 Steamer - 'Tiger Trek' outfit.
'02 Girly - 'Envy'
"Faster Daddy, Faster!" (aged 7?)

T885i_Blk

I can highly recommend the touratech rack. Its pricey but I managed to find a used one on ebay.

There is a pic of my bike with the rack on at the bottom of the is thread

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,13069.0.html

They took me and all my kit around morocco for 3 weeks with no issues and are very solid!
Tiger 885i 1999