News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTF!!!

Started by JayDub, April 03, 2014, 02:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Whist changing the crank position sensor, just for curiosity  :augie I had to look inside the small cover above and to the right of the crankshaft one... what was behind it is pictured. :icon_eek:

Now I'm going to stay calm and wait for nice people to tell me that is just a broken off piece of the old cam
chain guide/tensioner which was accidently left in there by someone.
I can't see how it could be anything else as there is no room for it to have fallen through from somewhere, and
it shows signs of (a lot of) wear like a cam chain would cause.  The motor sounds OK (for a steamer) not like you
would expect if a piece of the cam chain running gear was missing and the chain itself feels under enough tension.
I'm still calm, I'm not going to cry. :icon_rolleyes:

rybes

yep. looks like a broke tensioner to me
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

JayDub

Thought so, looks the same shape as the bit above it... odd though  :icon_scratch:
Spose that's the balance shaft in there then?

Mustang

Bixxer Bob

That'll teach you to go poking around. ....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

threepot

You could hide illegal substances in there :bad
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on April 03, 2014, 09:11:26 PM
You could hide illegal substances in there :bad
:bug_eye shocking - what do you take me for! - you mean like Semtex or summat?

JayDub

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on April 03, 2014, 04:51:50 PM
That'll teach you to go poking around. ....
Thanks Bob! but I can't help it... mmm, now where else can I look :bad

Sin_Tiger

I hate to say it but I'm getting the feeling the last person that worked on the bike before you got was a graduate from BIT (Borg Institute of Technology)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 04, 2014, 11:20:30 PM
I hate to say it but I'm getting the feeling the last person that worked on the bike before you got was a graduate from BIT (Borg Institute of Technology)
I didn't have you down as a trekkie!
That would explain this then Niall...

Sin_Tiger

:ImaPoser beam me up Spotty
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint