News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacement fuel sender

Started by Mr_J, April 24, 2014, 10:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_J

Hi folks,

I know dodgy fuel senders have been covered a fair few times, but I was wondering if anyone can point me towards a replacement? I've checked eBay to no joy, and Triumph want £70 for a new one. Can you use the sender from other 955 models, or is the one I need specific to the Girly?

I'm pretty sure I need a new one, as one of the wires from the bottom of the sender has corroded and snapped and it doesn't lookalike it can be soldered back on.

Also, as my fuel light is now on almost constantly, is there any danger in continuing to ride it in this state? No bike means the best part of an hour on public transport for a 9 mile journey!

Cheers in advance!

PeteH

Hi, I`ll stick my neck out and say that they`re Girly specific but you could look through the parts section of www.worldoftriumph.com or give Triumph-ant a bell, or just ride with light on and use the trip to guess what milage you have left in tank :bad
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Chris Canning

I don't know either but I'd be amazed if they weren't all alike,the only real difference with any of them is the base plate that bolts into the tank the 885 and early 955's have two the later one just have the one fuel connector what's at the back is all the same.

Sin_Tiger

Take the lamp out and keep an eye on the trip mileage,  just don't forget to zero it after a fill  :icon_redface: that'll give you a bit of breathing space to find the right thing at the right price.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Strumpet

Bought a clean secondhand one for my ST for £30 on ebay...  :thumbsup ...haven't tried it yet  :sleepy1

NortonCharlie

Got a supposedly good one for my RS, looks identical to the Tiger (Wire wheeled 955) Worked the same as the old one.  Both checked to spec out of the tank and seemed in good working order.  One Tiger works great, the other Tiger works good but runs out of fuel before the low fuel light comes on.  It also sometimes drops to 0 and back up on a full tank.  Haven't had that one out yet.

Just looked it up.  The Sprint RS and Tiger use the same part number PFKL1211237
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Mr_J

Cheers for the confirmation NortonCharlie.

I've just bought one for £15 off eBay, so that's made me a lot happier!

Thanks to everyone else who's replied, it's much appreciated   :thumbsup