News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Standard filament bulbs

Started by Bixxer Bob, May 06, 2014, 11:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

So... what is thought to be the brightest, whitest standard bulb these days???

I've not bought bulbs for years except for the HIDs on the 'Bird so am out of touch with current developments.  The reason I ask is I drove my motorhome in the dark last race weekend, which doesn't happen very often for two reasons: a) you need to get on a pitch and get settled before the mossies start of an evening and b) more importantly, the 'van has a large frontal area and clouds of those same mossies are a b**ch to clean off once they've hardened on for a day or two.  The motorhome has good lights and a great beam pattern, but the current bulbs are quite yellow so I'm about to upgrade.

Any thoughts welcome, cheers, BB
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I'm a fan of the Osram Night Breakers for H4 applications, I've had them in H1's as well and while better not quite as much of an improvement. A lot of it is down to the reflector and lens in my opinion. I believe they do an "Unlimited" version,  :icon_rolleyes: whatever that means, my motorfactor who is usually pretty spot on as he gets all the feedback from the commercial guys, reckons they are even better.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Halfords do a 1/2 and 1/2 bright white bulb, can`t remember exact name, but i`ve got them fitted to my 4x4, they do a good job.

Bixxer Bob

Thanks, I'll keep them in mind when I go shopping :icon_biggrin:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fraserdog

I fitted Halfords Extreme Brilliance bulbs to my old Peugeot 406 Diesel,they were brighter than the originals but 2 have blown within 6 months and I don't do a whole lot of nightime driving,with the price of them and how long they seem to last I've gone back to standard bulbs that I had fitted in the first place.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 06, 2014, 10:29:46 PM
I'm a fan of the Osram Night Breakers for H4 applications, I've had them in H1's as well and while better not quite as much of an improvement. A lot of it is down to the reflector and lens in my opinion. I believe they do an "Unlimited" version,  :icon_rolleyes: whatever that means, my motorfactor who is usually pretty spot on as he gets all the feedback from the commercial guys, reckons they are even better.

+1 on the nightbreakers and they are on offer at eurocarparts at the moment

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/bulbs/upgrade-headlampbulbs/?48177019N&0&cc5_847

Use them in the Tiger and my Landrover.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

Just got a pair of Nightbreaker Unlimited from fleabay for £13.05 delivered!!!

Cheers guys.  :icon_wink:

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

v8er6.6

Nightbreaker Unlimited plus here aswell, love them. Apparently they won't last as long as regular H4's but the bike is just a weekend toy for me.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: v8er6.6 on May 09, 2014, 09:05:15 PM
Nightbreaker Unlimited plus here aswell, love them. Apparently they won't last as long as regular H4's

I have heard this but mine seem to last ok, I ride every day, around 25k miles a year and I havent noticed having to change Nightbreakers more frequently than any other type of bulb.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

And so we come full circle.  I asked the original question because I can't remember the last time I had to buy / change a bulb.