News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Shock Leak

Started by ToonLoon, May 31, 2014, 10:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToonLoon

Hi PPL my Tiger 885 - 96 model has an empty rear shock, discovered the leak last week and now sadly off the road. Is it possible to have the shock refurbed/exchanged and if so where and guestimate of price.

Much thanks. Jim
Behind closed eyes we are all the same so keep yer eyes open!

Sin_Tiger

Yes, it can be rebuilt. Have a search for the stories of folk who have done it. Not done it myself  :icon_rolleyes: yet.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HeavyHustler

You'll need to find someone who rebuilds shocks.  Had mine recently redone and had to have all my seals replaced.  Totally doable.

ned37

not that hard to do.  only skill required is filing / grinding crimped shaft above retaining nut and ability to pour from a bottle.  total cost about $50 US
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

ssevy

I'm not sure where you're located as you don't list it under your name, but I just had my rear shock upgraded with new components and rebuilt at Pro pilot suspension. They did a beautiful job.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ssevy on June 01, 2014, 06:16:53 PM
I'm not sure where you're located as you don't list it under your name,

ToonLoon  :icon_scratch: Newcastle or Aberdeen (UK)?

You're in the right place, now tell us where you are  :icon_study:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

If your in the UK, and are without a bike whilst your shock is dead, I have a spare one, which your welcome to borrow, but I would need advise on basic function testing of it, as I've never used it, its an Ebay purchase.
Anyone got any suggestions on testing it?

ToonLoon

Arite guys thanks for feedback, very much appreciated.

I am a Toon loon from Aberdeen though been living in Chester, England for 10 years now, they have summers down here, BIG SMILEY face, and the North Walers roads are pretty awsome, same as "up the road", though the Scottish police are a nicer bunch, Wales has zero tollerance approach to speeding!!!!

Thanks again guys  :wheel   

ToonLoon

Arite guys back again, the offening rear momo stripped as far as I can get her. Question: Is there as special tool for unscrewing or have any of you out there found sumat other than punching away at it to slacken?

Am nearly there but not quite, waitin for the light bulb moment  :sign13 

ned37

it doesn't unscrew.  just use a punch to knock it down
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e