News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Leaking front brake reservoir

Started by CatalystXXL18, June 17, 2014, 04:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CatalystXXL18

After riding 150 miles to get to the FOB (hotel room) Saturday night under clear skies, I had had a few drops of liquid hit my visor. I looked down and saw my front brake reservoir was a little wet around where the cap and base meets. The sight glass in the rear still showed normal but I think I may have developed a leak. Also to note is the two brake lines which lead down from the reservoir to the left side brake caliper had disconnected themselves from each other in front of the radiator. There appeared to be a small rubber clamp holding the two lines together that had become brittle and broke. I figured it may be the lines were somehow overheating and thus pushing liquid out of the reservoir. I need to get this sorted quickly. Is there an aftermarket reservoir replacement for the Tiger or is there a way to rig one? If not, I guess I"ll have to shop it at the dealer. Thanks for any advice.

HockleyBoy

Check the rubber diaphragm inside the reservoir is seated correctly especially where the cap sits on it. I often get a small leak/seepage from the cap if I am not careful getting it right after filling up the brake fluid.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

exchead

to much brake fluid can also do this check level clean cap and check rubber diaphragm is not deformed

CatalystXXL18