News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Braided front brake hose

Started by chinchliffe, June 25, 2014, 09:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinchliffe

I am going to replace my front brake lines with braided hoses. There is a choice of standard fitment going from one caliper to the other and clips across the front mudguard or two separate single lines straight from the resovoir. Any comments on which ones to fit?

Chris

Sin_Tiger

Twin hoses straight from the master cylinder is generally considered better but the standard setup is perfectly adequate for the Tiger, they're not cutting edge sports bikes so it's unlikely you or I will notice a difference. The originals will be braided although it might not be obvious so don't expect a startling improvement, a good scrub up, fresh fluid and pads will be as much benefit.

I'd say go with whichever costs you less.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

PeteH

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 25, 2014, 11:14:55 PM
The originals will be braided although it might not be obvious

Ditto that  :thumbsup and throw in some EBC sintered pads :bad
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

chinchliffe