News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Georgia Bound

Started by birddogone, June 29, 2014, 11:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddogone

Leaving for Cleveland GA very early tomorrow morning, 500 miles one way. I'm buying a pickup truck, putting the Tiger in the back and head'n back to Richmond. Gonna be a full day, will let you know how it turns out and with pictures.   :wheel
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

nickjtc

Looking forward to the story  :icon_biggrin:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

That's certainly different, it's more commonly "go with the truck and come back with bike in the back"  :wave ride safe.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

birddogone

Hey Fellas, Left Richmond at 0200 Monday morning and got down to Cleveland GA about noon. Rode the last couple hours in hard rain so it slowed me up a little bit. The truck was as described (2000 GMC 2500 ext. cab with 8ft. bed) so after signing paper work and paying for the vehicle we loaded the Tiger and off I went head'n back north. Going thru Charlotte NC a garbage truck had turned over causing about a 2 hour delay, but other than that no other problems. The truck did great and actually gets better fuel economy than my Chevy Suburban! Got home around midnight ( a little over 1000 miles round trip ). Got up on Tuesday at 0700 and started get'n the new to me Jimmy cleaned up and waxed, ordered a few extras for her, husky floor mats, side rail guards, bug delfector and some odd parts. Really happy about the way everything turned out, just needed an old work truck for my odd jobs.  For some reason I can no longer down load pictures to my computer....must be the Windows ~ Microsoft thing......any suggestions fire away!
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Long day,your eyes would be  :icon_eek: still gave you a chance to get acquainted with the new bus, can't resist farkling that either  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

birddogone

Here ya go, picture down load worked!   :eusa_clap
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

birddogone

Sin, I was gassed up most the way home. Called a number of my buddies and my Dad to keep me goin. New mats came in today and the bed rail protectors will be here tomorrow. Tiger did absolutely terrific. Since I checked my valves and adjusted my TBs I've gone from 42 mpg to right at 50 mpg!   :hat10

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 02, 2014, 11:40:45 PM
Long day,your eyes would be  :icon_eek: still gave you a chance to get acquainted with the new bus, can't resist farkling that either  :icon_wink:
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Marc

:eusa_clap   nice truck! Very rare over here.
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

birddogone

Thanks Marc! I find it very interesting about pickup trucks, when I was a kid the only people who owned them were men in the construction business. Now there're sit'n in just about every driveway, mostly half tons. Once you start getting out to the western states 3/4 and one tons are the truck of choice. Have had Chevy's for many years, this is my first GMC. My Grandpa Rod always had GMCs for his business and was not too happy the first time I bought a Chevrolet. He asked me why and I made the mistake of saying they where "basically the same"   :nono  Gramps said GMCs "had much more class"   :icon_smile: So it was hard not to think of him when I bought this rig, he was one fine man.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Though I'm not a great truck fan,  that makes a nice combination, that's brilliant mileage.