News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Flasher relay

Started by threepot, July 01, 2014, 08:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Is there an alternative to the slightly overpriced Triumph part?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

I think there is a Hella electronic version available, it's not much cheaper but it's a bit more reliable. I looked when I was considering LED flashers. Other than that I would look at Honda ones from the same period.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

OK. I bought the green 3 pin one on m&p site,rated at 10-21w,but no joy. I think the relay is faulty..it has a scorch mark on it,and worked once or twice when I tapped it a few times? Search eBay for one,thanks
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 01, 2014, 09:35:49 AM
I think there is a Hella electronic version available, it's not much cheaper but it's a bit more reliable. I looked when I was considering LED flashers. Other than that I would look at Honda ones from the same period.

+1. The electronic ones produce the same result, of course, but do give the flexibility to use LEDs if you choose in the future.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

London_Phil

If your after Hella  TBB56, 4DB003 750-13. I have one from a loom I bought for a project.

Connectors clean, and relay and board show no sign of degradation.
Not tried it, but I could try it on Tiggs, if it helps.
I am running original type indicators.

Yours for postage cost, if you want to try it.

Regards Phil

GavD

I bought one from the squaredeals website for LED or filament bulbs. Had no problems with it. Been in there a couple years now.  £10
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

threepot

Thanks guys. london-phil..bought one on eBay today,will try that,but would be interested in your offer. Let me know how I can forward the cost,thanks
95 Super111
96 Tiger