News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Progress

Started by ssevy, May 26, 2014, 11:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 25, 2014, 10:53:38 AM
Good to read a result like that after all teh hard work you've put into it  :thumbsup

Just so I am clear, the "Helix" fuel hose is the one on the right with thinner wall and no fibre reinforcing?

Yes sir.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

ssevy

Just another update. I did a nice 400 mile loop today, and the bike ran as smooth as silk. The Pingel tap needed to be switched to reserve at 281 miles, and I was thinking how fantastic my mileage must be. Then at 289 miles, I ran out of gas. So...I may have gotten some JB Weld on the pickup screen of the reserve side when I installed it The bike took about 6.2 gallons to fill, and this didn't include the quart or so I got from the guy whose driveway I coasted into in search of some gas.
I passed a guy on a new BMW 1200 GS that had every farkle possible, and I could not help but smile thinking that he paid more for his luggage set up than I did for my entire bike! Wouldn't have swapped him even for my Tiger!

PS- I checked my mileage once I filled it, and I got 48.6 mpg just cruising between 60 and 65 mph. My tach shows exactly 4000 rpms at 60 mph by the way.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

rf9rider

The reserve on the Pingel tap only holds 1 litre which is roughly 1/4 uk gallon, so your 10 miles on reserve sounds about right.