News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I think I discovered the beginnings of DAR

Started by El Pescador, August 09, 2014, 03:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

While waiting or my shims and airbox, I decided to pull the alternator to check the center bolt for the drive splines.  It was loose.  Not too loose to strip the threads, but definitely starting to back out.

My question is this...my understanding is that the main problem is that the bolt backs out, not that the bolt is weak.  Is it enough to just put threadlock on it and tighten it back up?  Do I really need to buy a stronger bolt?  I appreciate your help!  BTW, if threadlock is enough, should I use red or blue?

El Pescador

Ok, y'all must be out riding your motorcycles.   :wheel.  I blue threadlocked it and reinstalled.  We'll see how it goes.

Sin_Tiger

Hurricane Bertha just arrived so we're all back  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint