News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help me pick one

Started by dino1, October 27, 2014, 02:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dino1

2001 Roulette green 30,000 miles no luggage : ( $2900 15 miles from home

2006 Silver with luggage 35,000 miles new chain and sprockets $3700 but I think he would come down a bit. 3 hours from home.

What says the hive??

motoOzarks

Test ride the 01 to see the 06

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

John Stenhouse

I like green ones, if you can find some luggage i would go for that. 01 will be slightly more, and I mean slightly, dirt oriented. they changed the head angle slightly for the later bike.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

I'd probably go with what John has said but it's such a personnel thing I've never understood the concept of the later mag wheeled tiger quicker steering with a 19" front wheel  :icon_scratch: but on the plus side you don't need inner tubes I'd be more interested in the condition as opposed to the model.

Dutch

Made your choice? Price difference is neglectable, so I'd go with the newer one with luggage and tubeless tires. But as CC mentions, overal condition is most important and pictures can be deceiving. So: "test both and pick a side" ;)

dino1

Five min before I was to leave to test drive the 2001 the salesmaen called and said it was sold. I'll swing by fri to check to see if it was.

Texted the other guy and he said his was sold as well.

I may need to save up a little more coin to do the deal. No biggie, I love the hunt.

I was wondering if I would want to sell my vfr after getting a tiger.

Sin_Tiger

If your VFR is pre-vtech I'd hang onto it if you can. Appreciating classic  :nod
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

dino1

It's a 2000, yellow, the fastest color.