News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Best tank cleaner

Started by tonytiger, January 24, 2015, 04:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonytiger

Can anyone suggest the best way to clean a petrol tank on a steamer, the tank seams to have grit or sediment in it.
Thanks

Mustang

take the tank off the bike . but only after there is only a gallon or so left in it .
shake it up good to get the sediment floating in the fuel
set tank down on front end so petcock end is at top
remove petcock
pour the fuel out the petcock opening into a suitable container (read this as big ass pan)
most or all of the crud should come out
if not repeat as necessary

Sin_Tiger

Be ultra careful taking the petcock screws out and do not be tempted to over tighten when putting them back.

If there has been that much cr@p in there, it would be a good idea to check the inline filter at the carbs and probably give the carbs a duffing up as well.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tonytiger

Thanks for for the replys I'll get it done