News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer bobbins

Started by JayDub, January 15, 2015, 11:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I missed that in the earlier post, could have helped you out with a TIG inverter if we were a bit closer, bit bulky even for the Trophy.

I'll be there if I'm in the UK, can't be sure where I'll be yet hence the reason I've been silent on the subject.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 17, 2015, 04:51:41 PM
I missed that in the earlier post, could have helped you out with a TIG inverter if we were a bit closer, bit bulky even for the Trophy.

I'll be there if I'm in the UK, can't be sure where I'll be yet hence the reason I've been silent on the subject.
Yeah, its the Argon cyl that would be a pain to bungee on  :icon_wink:
Hope you can make it, otherwise I will have to scratch my itch to head northward, I keep feeling an urge to make an excursion across the border - never been before, well I did deliver a drum of degreaser to some place just over the border near Berwick-upon-Tweed in 1982  :blah

Bixxer Bob

Given that small lugs underneath would be just to stop slipping could you not combine two of the ideas?  ie make two small lugs for the underneath but hold them in place using countersunk bolts and rivnuts in the underside of the swinging arm??  In this way the rivnut  s could be quite small so as to not compromise the swing arm strength.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

Thats another Idea, thanks BB, I'm getting there  :icon_smile:

Sin_Tiger

That's some lateral thinking there BB  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

:sign13 It's all about keeping loads away from fixings and avoiding loads putting anything under tension or shear - that way you don't have to start making complicated calculations .....  :icon_study:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...