News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sprocket cover

Started by HeavyHustler, March 18, 2015, 04:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

I'll open up the engine and see what's what first then make a judgement call.......  ;)

Watch the classifieds lads.  I think I'm gonna unload some farkles......Mustang pegs, moose bars, full set of Givi luggage, motocross fender to name a few.  :)

nickjtc

I hope it's a best case scenario. However, first dibs on the 'Mustang pegs', please.  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Quote from: HeavyHustler on April 01, 2015, 07:43:24 PM
By all the dots does that mean no weld on cast aluminium?
You can fill weld it, ie using a TIG inverter with aluminium filler rod - but keep the amps down low as pos
If you haven't done it before then take it to a coded welder, slightly over-fill and you can carefully file and sand it down ready for paint...
But it would probably be cheaper to buy one second hand - and without all the work.

HeavyHustler

Thanks JD.  I plan on having a pro weld it for me.  :)