News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carb issues

Started by almac, April 27, 2015, 07:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

almac

My 96 Steamer (Mikuni carbs) has an unusual problem, it pulls fine from an idle up to 5k rpm, at 5k it hits what feels like a power band it goes ballistic and pulls like a demented schoolboy all the way to the redline.
There seems to be plenty of power up to 5k it's just it would be great if I could use that power further down the rev range, any suggestions would be appreciated.

threepot

Maybe your main jets are bigger than STD?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: almac on April 27, 2015, 07:48:51 AM
pulls like a demented schoolboy all the way to the redline.

:icon_scratch:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: almac on April 27, 2015, 07:48:51 AM
My 96 Steamer (Mikuni carbs) has an unusual problem, it pulls fine from an idle up to 5k rpm, at 5k it hits what feels like a power band it goes ballistic and pulls like a demented schoolboy all the way to the redline.
There seems to be plenty of power up to 5k it's just it would be great if I could use that power further down the rev range, any suggestions would be appreciated.
sounds bout right .........................

JayDub

ssevy

I noticed that mine kicks into afterburner right about 5000 too. I think it feels great.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ssevy on April 28, 2015, 03:42:50 PM
I noticed that mine kicks into afterburner right about 5000 too. I think it feels great.

:nod I'm still looking for the turbo  :icon_scratch:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Turbo? I think ABS would be better if your descent into Applecross was any guide
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

threepot

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 28, 2015, 04:07:14 PM
:nod I'm still looking for the turbo  :icon_scratch:

ST,you must have one of the earlier models! :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Erm  :icon_redface: it was a little brisk but in my defence so was the Astra driver and we were all wet and hungry, believe it or not Black _ Tiger accused me of dawdling later  :^_^
The rear brake did work well though!

Back OT All three of mine have a distinct "on cam feel" above 4.5k.