News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil light went on but plenty of oil

Started by Nick Calne, July 25, 2015, 06:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Pottering about today and a bright red oil light came on a mile from home. When I got back and rested it for 10 mins, the bike had plenty oil and the light is now off.

Worry, don't worry, start immediate tear down of bike, order a new xcx as a precaution? - what do you think I should do?

Ps it was also my daughter's first trip on the bike and she liked it a lot. :wheel
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Nick,  check / change the sensor first.  Cheapest option and usually the cure.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I'll send you a good oil pressure switch to test it if you like. Then you can put the savings towards an XCX  :bad your daughter will like that even more  :icon_lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Thanks guys. I think I have a spare so I'll try that and see if it helps.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?