News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How effing much????

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 23, 2015, 12:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Had a day out with the management today, just a bimble along the beach and then a cuppa at Cley Marsh bird sanctuary.  The sanctuary has a small shop attached that sells binoculars and spotter scopes  (for the twitchers, obviously....), is well stocked and a very knowledgeable old chap minding it.  Jackie has been after a pair of light bins for a while now, mainly to have in the motorhome when we go away, for looking at ... well anything boats, birds, planes, bikes so I got chatting to him.

He showed us both to the viewing area and offered several pairs to try; they varied in size, power and weight.  While she was looking for what she wanted (ergo doesn't actually exist) I tried a pair or two myself.  After trying a couple of pairs whose make I'd not heard of, but were pretty good in my opinion, I picked up a pair whose name I did know -  Nikkon.  WOW! What a difference!! What a bright clear sharp image for the same lens size and magnification as the earlier ones.  "I like these" I thought sso looked at the price tag.  £640.   :bug_eye SIX HUNDRED AND FORTY POUNDS!!!!!!  How come????  they were good but not £550 better than the others FFS! :BangHead

So I came out with a happy wife and £89 lighter. Bloody good job she didn't get her hands on the Nikkons....  :bad
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Some people just have to have anything Nikon, Bob, and they will pay whatever the price. I used to be in the specs business and when Nikon started producing ophthalmic lenses we had to beat people off with a stick they were so popular.... at 50% more costly than comparable lenses.

The same argument about price could be put forward vis. Arai helmets vs any other DOT approved helmet that costs a fraction of the price.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

threepot

At first glance,thought this thread was about the cost of Triumph parts  :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on August 23, 2015, 12:30:23 PM
At first glance,thought this thread was about the cost of Triumph parts  :icon_wink:

Don't know about there, but hereabouts Triumph consumables are quite reasonably priced...
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: threepot on August 23, 2015, 12:30:23 PM

Then it'd have been in the Bikes area TP   :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...