News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trading My Daytona 600 for Tiger? Opinions?

Started by Riley's Ride, May 09, 2005, 06:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley's Ride

Hi all,

Thinking of Trading my D6 for a Tiger.  I was going to do some track stuff but I really just want to ride the streets.  I'm debating between the Tiger and a Sprint.  I have a Honda VTX cruiser, which i love, but miss that sporty acceleration and feel.  

I know you all love your bikes so i'd like to hear negatives as well as positives if you please.

Cheers

cbxtc6

I haven't had my Tiger for too long yet - only a couple weeks.  BUT, I can tell you my friends are having a hell of a time keeping up with me both around town, and in the tight stuff!  This thing is a blast (and EASY)to toss around corners!  

My advise would be to test ride them both.  I sold my Daytona for the Tiger, and now have no regrets.

Brock

Whatever you're thinking of buying, get as many demo rides as you can. The Tiger's a big old gal compared to your current bike so it'll be a world apart. Take some time to get used to her though, together with the different riding style, and you'll never go back.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Riley's Ride

Thanks guys,

I'm gonna go test ride a demo and see what kinda deal i can get for my D6.......Everyone seems to love the Tiger for it's versatility and suprising handling and power..

Speed3guy

I traded my trusty speed triple for the Tiger and have no regrets.  I've even done track days on the Tiger.  My lap times are slightly slower, but I have even more fun passing "pure" sport bikes with it than I did on the speed triple.  On the street, the Tiger is more than fast enough to cost you your license.  It is a different feel though, and cornering is more about squeezing with your knees than hanging off.  Ride one and see what you think!

G

Riley's Ride

Quote from: "Speed3guy"I traded my trusty speed triple for the Tiger and have no regrets.  I've even done track days on the Tiger.  My lap times are slightly slower, but I have even more fun passing "pure" sport bikes with it than I did on the speed triple.  On the street, the Tiger is more than fast enough to cost you your license.  It is a different feel though, and cornering is more about squeezing with your knees than hanging off.  Ride one and see what you think!

G

that's what i'm curious about...riding style.  I haven't done any off road stuff and am use to leaning into the corners.  Any riding tips on this style bike would be helpful..

thanks Again

abell

Either way you will enjoy the triple, which is a hell of a lot nicer than a 600cc four.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona