News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coil connector plug seals.

Started by trophydave, December 17, 2015, 07:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trophydave

Are the seals that sit inside the blue plugs that fit onto the coils available from anywhere?

Dyn Blin

the oval two holed black ones that fit into these?
This is why we can't have nice things.

trophydave

Dyn Blin

I was afraid you'd say "yes". 

I looked for these a couple years ago after one popped out while I was changing plugs, and I never found it.  The clip and shape of the pins look Delphi, but I've never been able to source it.  I finally ended up cutting some spares from an old wet-suit. 

Unless someone else calls it out, I'll dig a bit and see if I have more success this time around.

JoeDirt

Quote from: trophydave on December 17, 2015, 07:34:15 PM
Are the seals that sit inside the blue plugs that fit onto the coils available from anywhere?

I popped one out of my old harness. I looked on BikeBandit.com here in the states and they show nothing except the whole wire harness. I took a picture so you can see what you are looking for:

JoeDirt

Quote from: Dyn Blin on December 18, 2015, 10:22:04 PM
The clip and shape of the pins look Delphi, but I've never been able to source it.

Delphi 12033769B is very close to the one on our bikes. There is one for $6USD on US eBay.

It might be backwards after looking closer.

Dyn Blin

JoeDirt

Dyn Blin

to beat a not-quite dead horse tiger:
When I resort for all Delphi 2 prong seals, there's only one that's black (the middle with no illustration).  Maybe I'll try one of each flavor and post back here

Edit:  Ordered one of each, (yeesh, the postage was more than the items)- I'll post back with photos here when they arrive in 4-10 days.

TrophyDave, if they work, I'll post one to you.

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

John Stenhouse

I think they're just looking for the seal not the whole connector
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

trophydave

Yes,just the seal,its the one in the picture posted by JoeDirt in reply number 4.I have one good seal,one is squashed out of shape and the other is missing.

JoeDirt

I bought a Delphi connector to replace my main fuse connector. It came with one of those seals mentioned above. I tried to squeeze it in the blue coil connector. It wasn't  a good fit... but may be possible with the right amount of determination. :icon_wink:

~JD

trophydave

Thanks for the replies.In the end I bought the cheapest 955 loom that I could find on ebay.It was off a Sprint ST but only because the Tiger ones were quite a bit more money.OK 15 quid might be a bit steep for a couple of rubber seals but there should be enough bits of wire and various other stuff to last me for years.

Dyn Blin

Quote from: Dyn Blin on December 19, 2015, 12:22:37 AM

Edit:  Ordered one of each... I'll post back with photos here when they arrive in 4-10 days.

I returned from some travel for work today to find a Mouser envelope in the pile-o-post.  To close the loop, what follows is a poor pic of both items outlined in the catalogue screenshot above.  One item ( the one with no catalogue illustration) is a female side of a 2 prong connector that appears to be 1/2 of a water resistant assembly.  The seal that was what I was after is actually black, but appears to be the same as the connector in the Mod-man Dirt's pic. I haven't had an opportunity to pull the tank to see if it'll fit, but my guess is it's too big. 

The choice of cannibalizing a surplus harness seems to be a good one to resolve the issue.