News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sprockets

Started by ssevy, January 31, 2016, 03:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I'm going to replace my sprockets and chain in a few weeks, and so I re-read Mustang's How-to, but couldn't find specifics for the aftermarket part numbers here on the forum. So, I dug around the web and here they are for future searchers:

Front sprocket - JT Sprocket model JTF-1180 (18 tooth)

Rear sprocket - JT Sprocket model JTR-2010 (48 tooth)

The 18t and 48t are the stock gearing, and work just great in all of the terrain I have ridden. YMMV?

Chain size is 530 with 114 links. I bought an RK 530GXW to try this time. I bought a Scottoiler at the Triumph National Rally in Oley last year, and have been waiting to install it once I installed the new chain and sprockets. I expect to get lots and lots of miles out of this set up.

Pretty pleased with the cost for the chain and two sprockets - $202.98 with free shipping from Amazon Prime. The master link comes with the chain, and it is a rivet type. I have an RK chain tool, and would highly recommend it if you don't have one. Works great.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

JoeDirt

Yea you are running exactly as JT recommends...  :thumbsup