News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Starting upgrades and mods

Started by Thierry, May 21, 2016, 02:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thierry

La saga continue  :icon_mrgreen:

Installed the Heed crashbars and spent more time removing the packaging around the bars than installing them :D
Instructions are clear enough.
Useful infos:
-OEM engine mount bolts: Torx T55 and 17 mm nut.
-Heed engine mount bolts provided: Hex allen HW10 and 19 mm nut. Torque in the service manual is 80Nm.

You better have long & thin fingers and the right wrench because the nuts behind the radiator are a pain. Installed one side after the other, keeping the bolts a bit loose, everything went fine and I tighten everything only at the end. Not easy to do the torqueing while holding the nut in the back but feasible. The OEM engine bolt on the left side had an extra 4-5 mm spacer/washer compared to the right. Did not put it back with the new bolt.

Result: perfect fit, great look (no the black paint was not scratched, just bugs!), my knees are far from the bars (a good 10 cms). At that price I have to say I'm impressed by the finish and quality. Ultimate test is to drop the bike but I'll wait for that :-)

Two bonuses I see with these bars: a great frame to place a homemade oil radiator guard + aftermarket side bags (have to do some shopping to see what would fit)

"Did it go as planned? No, but it was part of the plan!

Slug Rider

Looks good, especially with out the eye lashes!  :hat10

Thierry

Thanks. Yeah I'm not crazy about the eye lashes thing  :bad

I have installed the laminar lip on my stock windshield. The product itself looks great but I'm not convinced about quality of the fiting. I have spent quite some time to find the best spots to place the three 3M dual locks pads on each side of the windshield but it is impossible to have the 3 locks pads parallel and perfectly matching/locking into the dual lock band pre-installed on the lip, whatever the position and the bending of the lip.
I can't report yet on the efficiency of the lip for the buffeting but I may use nylon washers/screws to secure it better.
Will update with pics soon.

Thierry

Well, happy to report that the laminar lip works well. It is not perfect but big improvment, quieter and less turbulences. It did not move at all on the highway at 140. No matter what I will secure it with nylon screws.

Thierry

I did a ride today without the tank bag and with full face helmet on, I can confirm the lip works great. I can even ride with the visor open at 110 km/h :thumbsup