News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

KTM adventure

Started by henski, June 13, 2005, 05:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henski

Not long back from a weeks tour in Norway with my mate who has a KTM adventure. We swapped bikes at one point and to be honest i definately wouldn't trade the Tiger in for one. The KTM is by far the better bike offroad and does look good (his is black) as we know but for the road (where I stay)the twin was just far too lumpy compared to the smoothness of the Tiger. his first reaction was to say the engine is so silky smooth and I must admit I was glad to get back on it. Obvioulsy each to their own though.

Brock

Imagine coming flying over a hump back bridge and landing on that seat. Christ it'd be like a razor blade up your arse.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

henski

Its pretty narrow too compared to the Tirger, and the bars feel alot narrower.

newmanr19

I had one; sold it to buy my 02 Tiger; then I sold that one to buy my KTM 640; but now I'm back on a Tiger again - a BRG 98 steamer

Now I'm thinking of selling the KTM 640 and buying a smaller thumper again; but not selling the 98; probably my favorite bike I've owned (out of about 20 some bikes)

Sasquatch

I would love to find a KTM 640 Adventurer.  Then I would have the best of both worlds.  My Tiger for LD riding and soft dual sport off road stuff.  Then the KTM for more gnarley off road dual sport exploring that Idaho is full of.

newmanr19

Quote from: "Sasquatch"I would love to find a KTM 640 Adventurer.  Then I would have the best of both worlds.  My Tiger for LD riding and soft dual sport off road stuff.  Then the KTM for more gnarley off road dual sport exploring that Idaho is full of.

The Adventure is a great bike; but it's a little too much like the Tiger for me. Actually most would say they have nothing in common, but for me, They have too much overlap; one being more street, and the other leaning more towards dirt; but either one is capable of doing 200-300 mile days on pavement and lightweight dirt road work but not too good for trail riding. I want something lighter and smaller for the trails. I should have kept my KTM 250 EXC but not enough room for three bikes in the garage, nor time to ride them all. I may even see about trading for another LC4; but the enduro model instead of the Adventure; but I'm really leaning towards a KTM 400/450