News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer carb cross reference (or what other bikes use the same carb)

Started by bemusedinsojo, October 14, 2016, 03:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Quote from: Nick Calne on October 15, 2016, 09:39:03 AMSometimes you'll see a new owner come on here and their bike isn't running right and slowly they work to put it back to standard. Then it's fine again.
:nod Don't I know it  :icon_cry:

Bixxer Bob

Leaving aside change in the hope of a few more horses, I firmly believe that most owners change things that didn't need fixing in the first place.  For instance not knowing the difference between a fuel and an electrical misfire.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fishnbiker

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on October 14, 2016, 11:13:26 AM
Yes I got some red on it. It has the stock airbox with a K&N air filter. There are no other air filters. Does it need snorkel filters? I put an inline filter in and haven't seen any new stuff in the carbs.
Lynn

If you have the K&N from the previous owner, he may have changed the jetting also. Can you tell us their size? I have  custom designed K&N on mine & found that when I used a piece of UNI foam over it my jetting needed to go one size smaller. The UNI foam, with the proper filter oil, keeps almost all dirt from reaching the K&N. You could squeeze a sheet of 1/8" on the outboard side of the K&N. At your altitude, (6000 ft?) you may need smaller jets for that also. Double check the whole system for possible leaks, the carb-to-engine & carb-to-airbox rubber rings get very brittle with age & may have cracks.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: fishnbiker on November 19, 2016, 04:33:17 PM
If you have the K&N from the previous owner, he may have changed the jetting also. Can you tell us their size? I have  custom designed K&N on mine & found that when I used a piece of UNI foam over it my jetting needed to go one size smaller. The UNI foam, with the proper filter oil, keeps almost all dirt from reaching the K&N. You could squeeze a sheet of 1/8" on the outboard side of the K&N. At your altitude, (6000 ft?) you may need smaller jets for that also. Double check the whole system for possible leaks, the carb-to-engine & carb-to-airbox rubber rings get very brittle with age & may have cracks.
4800 feet in the valley where I live. The mains are 132. Can't find a size on the pilots. I will look for leaks. Thanks.
PS sorry for the delay. I was in Portlandia for Thanksgiving.