News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Out of storage, on the road

Started by ssevy, April 19, 2017, 08:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

My beautiful '95 Tiger is officially out of storage and back on the road!
I had drained the fuel out and run it dry for winter storage, as there is a woodstove nearby, so I dumped in about 2 gallons of fresh fuel and topped off the air in the tires. Using just the choke, it cranked about 5 seconds, then immediately went to a smooth idle. Rode it home before the rain hit (just made it with about 15 minutes to spare) in the mid 40's temperature wise, and she ran flawlessly. These engines sure love the dense cool air!
I need to check my valve clearances and I'm installing a voltage monitor, and then she'll be ready for some more long road trips this summer. Can't imagine the valves can be too bad, as she starts so easily and runs so smoothly, but it is time to check, so...
I also have to pay my mechanic more, because he is a genius! (at least his dog thinks he is :augie)
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Danwarb

Post some pictures !

Whats the mileage of your 95 steamer?

:thumbsup
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.