News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I did a bad, bad thing....

Started by bemusedinsojo, April 24, 2017, 04:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bemusedinsojo

Well, luck was shining down on me yesterday. After a little migging to make a small shelf, I got the little bastard out and replaced the oring. It only took three days and much frustration. The thought of pulling the sump and or motor gave me resolve to try some more and out it came. Now to finish and then put the tire on. Thanks for the ideas guys.

London_Phil

Nice one Lynn. Glad your back up and  running.

bemusedinsojo

No more leaks. Using Honda parts. And now it runs better (or wishful thinking).

Sidk

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on May 11, 2017, 08:24:16 PM
No more leaks. Using Honda parts. And now it runs better (or wishful thinking).

by honda parts are you referring to the seals? if so could you possibly share the honda equivilant part numbers?  thanks!

bemusedinsojo

Yes the seals. Try this site which is where i found the part numbers. Be careful with the shift rod-you can push it in or pull it out too far.

http://www.triumphrat.net/t3-sport-touring-forum/131953-side-cover-area-oil-leak-synopsis.html#/topics/131953

Also, I made a paper gasket for the side cover because I didn't think to order one. Are you leaking too?

Sidk

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on May 11, 2017, 11:15:50 PM
Yes the seals. Try this site which is where i found the part numbers. Be careful with the shift rod-you can push it in or pull it out too far.

http://www.triumphrat.net/t3-sport-touring-forum/131953-side-cover-area-oil-leak-synopsis.html#/topics/131953

Also, I made a paper gasket for the side cover because I didn't think to order one. Are you leaking too?

Yes I am, nothing serious of course at the bottom right of the sprocket cover which makes it way down and forms a small and ever so sexy drop on the garage floor.  So its one of the seals in there, and since i have programmed  a chain and sprocket change next month, i want to collect the various seals, gaskets etc etc to take to my mechanic and have him put them in so as to be done with everything in one go so to speak...

bemusedinsojo

Ok. Read further down in the blog and you will find the Honda numbers. My sexy drops, which were a not so sexy deluge, are gone. Thank god because my cement floor was starting to look like asphalt.

Sidk

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on May 12, 2017, 01:04:44 AM
Ok. Read further down in the blog and you will find the Honda numbers. My sexy drops, which were a not so sexy deluge, are gone. Thank god because my cement floor was starting to look like asphalt.

found them thanks!. looking for a local supplier as we speak..
:thumbsup

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: Sidk on May 12, 2017, 01:16:35 AM
found them thanks!. looking for a local supplier as we speak..
:thumbsup
The biggest one, the one that goes behind the front sprocket, looks different than stock but still works. The rest look the same as stock. Also, don't forget the side cover gasket. Ok I'm done beating a dead horse.

I got mine from EBay if that helps.

bemusedinsojo

Oh yeah,
Tell your mechanic to be careful with the shift rod. Ask me how I know.