News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What is this?

Started by Sidk, September 29, 2017, 02:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidk

while looking at various pics and such of Steamers i noticed that some bikes have one and other's don't (mine does not have one but it does have the base for it)

could someone tell me what that "cannister" is ?

Sin_Tiger

Remote reservoir with a compression adjustment knob on the end, rebound is on the shock body  :icon_scratch: or maybe the other way around.

You're a lucky man to have one with the optional Öhlins shocks, seem to have been more common on the exported models.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sidk

Thanks for the clarification!  :thumbsup

mine however is without one. just has the base where the adjuster bolts on to..

Sin_Tiger

The stock shock also had a remote reservoir without adjustment.

So it appears that a previous owner has replaced the stock shock with an aftermarket one. There's probably some clue to the maker on the body somewhere.

To answer your original question, you can safely remove the bracket or use it for another purpose. Sadly it will only hold one beer can and it'll get hot  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 30, 2017, 09:52:50 AM

To answer your original question, you can safely remove the bracket or use it for another purpose. Sadly it will only hold one beer can and it'll get hot  :^_^
:rfl

JoeDirt

Dr. Emmett Brown: No, no, no, no, no, this sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

Where you are going... you don't need roads. :bad