News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clean Lens for Tiger

Started by Bizi, August 26, 2005, 01:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bizi

Hello Tiger Friends,

I wonder if anybody has ever changed the orange tiger lens with clean lens (just like Speed Triple and/or Sprint ST) for the turn lights.

I would like to change mine, but still not sure if I could use the lens and the lamp of Speed Triple and/or Sprint ST - 2005 models only, without change the whole set.  Is it possible? Or I will have to buy the lamp, the lens and the support?

Where can I buy it? - I live in Brazil and would like to receive it here...

Htks,

Bizi :roll:

Aussie Tiger

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that while very similar, the lens shape is slightly different.  Plus, the clear lens indicators have a different reflector and a orange, not clear, bulb.  So unfortunately, it would appear that you would have to buy the complete unit x4 (in Australia around $200 AU each) to do the change.  However, they should bolt on no probs and have the same connectors.  There are some after-market alternatives out there in order to achieve the same result, however, I am yet to see them for Triumph. (mainly Japenese and some BMW models).  Have a bit of a search on the net. Hope this helps.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!

NortonCharlie

I replaced mine with Buell lenses, they are an exact replacement and are smoke colored.  They are also cheap less than $3.00 each.  You need to use colored bulbs or LED's.  I replaced mine with amber LED's but they don't seem very bright in the daylight so went back to amber bulbs.  I needed to put in a different flasher for the LED's.  They draw almost no current so the flasher thinks the bulb is out and flashes fast.  I got the flasher at a local dealer from one of there big generic catalogs.  It was round (stock one is square) and slightly larger but it plugged right in no problem.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Capbuster

I also use the Buell lens with the Sprint/Speed Triple amber bulb (Triumph).  The factory Tiger bulb has the two posts that lock it into the socket at 180 degrees and the new amber bulb does not.  So I ground about 1/2 off of one of the posts and it fits just fine.  Hope this helps.

Capbuster