News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Drainage Tubes.

Started by Green Lantern, September 06, 2005, 01:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Lantern

What drains from these tubes? Don't pay attention to the oil spots on the road; they're not from the Tiger.

apache

Not sure what year your bike is but on a carbed version you have.... 1 battery vent tube,3 carb bowl drain tubes,My brain escapes me currently but I think we have a coolant bottle overflow and if one had smog stuff possibly a canister drain? Maybe FI versions have a vent or overflow for the injection? dunno?

Green Lantern

It's an 05.

Thanks apache.

NortonCharlie

05 that is either gas (from the tank overflow) or antifreeze from the coolant tank overflow.  Should be a sealed battery so no overflow there.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

waltconrad

Oh $hite I though that drained the portable urinal thats in the right side of fairing! no wonder the bike smells funny. It was a Bitch tring to use that thing anyway. I sprained some things i didn't even know i had, and got some very funny looks from passing traffic. The water was blue in the little plastic tank ,but now it's green.
"Love means never having to say your sorry." Richard M. Nixon.

Green Lantern

Thanks Norton Charlie.

Robbie

one is the tank vent pipe to allow air into the tank as fuel level drops, it has a roll over valve fitted near the top that can block.

the other is the water drain from the fuel filler recess. this stops rain filling the area around the filler cap and then allowing that to enter the tank when you open the cap.

both pipes fit on lugs on the LHS of the tank under the back plastic cover. if you remove them dont put them back the wrong way round
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger