News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer jet kits

Started by apache, January 01, 2006, 07:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apache

I just picked up a K&N jet kit off EBay. Ive never had much luck generally with their guidelines but for $35 I could use the xtra jets and needles if nothing else. Anyone ever use one of these on a carbed Tiger?

Happy new years!!!!!!!!

TigerTrax

Apache...

Steamer riders have had mixed results with the K & N jet kit.  

I don't know where the problem lies but it probably has to do with the air intake set-up more than anything else.

Hopefully someone will chime in and tell you how they did it. I would hold off doing anything until you know what you are up against and how to do it.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

apache

I also did some research and found there is a huge problem with bootleg jet kits from Dynojet who makes K&N`s kits. Im not gonna get to excited about the kit but if the needles are clipped and some of its useable Ill be happy. It will be a while before I tear into it as I just did the valves etc so it wont come apart for a bit. Ive done as much reading here regarding jetting so I have some ideas.