News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer starter sprag clutch

Started by mcilvenny, July 15, 2006, 10:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcilvenny

Just had the starter clutch give up on my steamer, thought I had got away with it as it's a 1996 and thought these one's had been modified !!!  Have now taken engine out of bike ready for shop to do the work ( I'm not brave enough to attempt a case split ). What other work is suggested with the engine out and things are easy to work on ???  Don't have any DAR so not planning to touch the alternator but will check the valve clearances, any suggestions ???
EeeZeee Tiger

\"96\" Steamer

apache

The alternator issue is easy to fix. Id be easy to check out while the engine is out. simply remove the 3 bolts and pull out. Theres a rubber flex coupler and the drive end bolt on the alt that come loose. Piece of mind is worth it.