News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Make my holiday special

Started by oldgimmer, July 28, 2006, 09:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgimmer

As a truly international forum, can I request some advice.

The wife and I are planning a bike trip to the canyon regions of the USA next year.

We are looking at an organised trip with hire bikes doing the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion etc. The choice on the WWW is pretty awesome. Looking at maybe 7 days organised and the rest of the fortnight to our own devises.

Does anyone know of any recommended firms, great routes or alternative methods of seeing the main sights in this area.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris
Cheers (Drink Beer)

Chris

Think it ain\'t illegal yet.

JRO

I don't know what to tell you about routes.  North of the Grand Canyon, on the Navajo reservation, are some dinosaur tracks.  Those are worth looking at, I suppose.  I guess if you haven't seen the Grand Canyon, it's an attraction.  It would make a swell lake, if they'd dam the entire thing.  Personally, I think it would be a terrific landfill - only one the whole country would need.

Other than that, I might suggest touring during cooler weather.  Summer can be hard enough on the locals - murder for the average Islander.
JRO

2006 Tiger

wonko the sane

I don't know if the following thread is what caused your desire to see the sights over here, but if you haven't viewed this thread before, you're in for a treat.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41209&

Mike O's photographs and writing had many people willing to contribute money to keep him on the road, taking pictures and posting his narrative.  He wouldn't hear of it though, and it was probably for the best.  He also spoke of his difficulty in bringing his bike over, but through all his difficulties,  I would say his most effective "tool" was his sense of humor - sorry, that'd be humour.

A very entertaining narrative.

John.
The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

TigerTrax

What is your time frame in the USA ?

You might catch one of the Tiger Ride-In events!

In late July we will be in Red Lodge, Montana ...... Cody, Wyoming; Yellowstone Park; Tetons !!!

There should be a bunch of Tigers there.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'