News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How to balance the carbs

Started by mitcheg, July 17, 2006, 08:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitcheg

Hi Forum :-) After yeras of a ZZR 1100 which I serviced myself for 10,000 miles I would like some advice on my Tiger - it's a 97 model - so carbs . How does one approache this ? I have some nifty guages that work quite well, but I am loath to start without a word or two from those wiser than myself. At 25,000 km, last service it had the valves dons. Apart from oil/carbs/sparks what else needs attention ?  

Any advice will  be warmly welcome and avidly read.

regards

Graham

apache

If you have some merc sticks it should be easy, however I have yet to do my 97 either. I noticed vacume ports on the 2 left carbs only so this will be a problem. I might have overlooked something though.

Hook up the sticks to the vac ports at  idle after its fully warmed up. If their off there is an adjusting screw on the throttle rack linkage that you adjust to even them out. This can be done mecahnically somewhat by using a drill bit that fits snugly between the slide and the bottom of the carb bore. You might have to adjust up or down the idle screw to get the drill bit to be snug in one. From there you can adjust the others with the same screw to get the same snug fit. Then after its running adjust the idle back to norm. This is all ball parkish and the idle mix screws need to be out/in the same amount of turns.

Pulling the carbs is a royal PITA, so dont try it unless its air filter time also.

Hope this give some help.