News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Info appreciated

Started by GrantR, July 13, 2006, 06:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrantR

Hi guys. Im a newbie here but have visited for quite a while. Primarily I ride an ST but I also have an immaculate '96 Steamer. I recently had to get a new rear rim and spokes fitted due to corrosion and I'm now thinking about getting the front done. I'm seriously toying with the idea of fitting a 17" front but this throws up problems with the mudguard (easily overcome) and the mechanical speedo. Has anyone any experience of this mod with a steamer and if so did they a) get the original speedo recalibrated (and if so where) or b) fit the speedo from another bike (and if so which one).

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Brother Number One

Cccccccccccccccccan't really help.  I did ride a Trophy12 for a year with the speedo disconnected and a cycling speedo in its place.  Worked well to 120, then got confused :D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

mcilvenny

I've been wanting to convert to 17" rims for some time and also have the same concerns as you, front mudguard is a problem as the 19" one doesn't look right and I'm not sure what else will fit. Also the speedo issue, if you do change please post details as I'm very interested in what works.
EeeZeee Tiger

\"96\" Steamer

tyrebyter

I've gone the 17" front route and recommend it highly. As to the speedo error, I compensate mentally but even with the stock 19" I had to do that. Originally it was off by 10 percent. Now it's off about 13 percent. Have you considered the speedo drive from a Trophy?
\'01 Camo Tiger

\'98 Speed Triple