News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

FS 97 Tiger

Started by apache, September 27, 2006, 06:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apache

Hate to do it but here goes, 97 Tiger, red,under 22k miles, valve adj and new air filter about 1K ago,  synthetics, electric grips,stock and hand made exhaust cans, jetted,full skidplate,TKC`s(rear pretty worn) great mechanical/cosmetic condition, spares include a new seat,tail light, ??  She never let me down and has been a great bike. new bike comming, cant keep both. Like to get $3000.00 offers considered. clean and current Ca title and regis, pics on request, located in central coast of California.

Thank You.

Mudhen

Dude...what are you thinking?

Or, more importantly, what are you getting?

I'll be sorry to see you go.  Make sure you sell it to someone that will into off roading, will you?  How about the dude from VT that's looking for one...
\'96 Steamer

apache

Waaaa, dont rub it in, Im already hesitant to part with it. Its honestly one of the few bikes out of about 20 I really care for. I hope to pick up a newer F.I. Tiger 04/05 ?? In 6 months or so. Im gonna have hand surgery on my other hand to see if the numbness/pain will go away, otherwise Im getting near the point Its tough to ride anymore. The right hand was done a few years ago and too about 6 months to come back, hopefully this one will be Ok in the end.

No wise cracks regarding my hand eh,  :lol:

Mudhen

Was your custom exhaust 3-into-1?

No comments about the hand...just be careful you don't go blind, because I've heard that's next!

:lol:
\'96 Steamer

apache

Nah, I considered it but decided against it as we didnt know how the outcome of a 3 into 1. He made some slip on`s from the collector box back,from stainless, I also removed the baffeling in the collector box, the cans are basic straight thru aluminum type with USFS approved caps/arrestors, compliments of Al Baker`s XR`s only whom he makes the pipes for. Gotta say I never heard anything quite like a triple, really sounded like a Trumpet at certain load/RPM.

apache

Anybody before it hits ebay??

apache

Mudhen

Quote from: "apache"Sold.

You're dead to me.

:smt005
\'96 Steamer

Lucien

Thanks Eric, the bike ran great last night. Nowif I can just find a tall screen....I feel like one of those long-necked women from Burma after holding that dirtbike helmet forward at 75 mph for 4 hrs last night ;-).
97 Tiger

apache

Hey Lucien, Lots of good guys and info here. check out Gustafson? they have taller windscreens. I will admit I never could get comfy wearing my moto helmet on the Tiger,used the full face, the wind got a bit much.

And for you Mudhen.... Dont count me dead yet, gimme about 6-8 months for my hand to get better. In the words of Arnie, I`LL BE BACK. :D

Scott.

Mudhen

Welcome aboard Lucien!

Maybe usernames should follow bikes, like license plates in the UK...that way we know the history.  So when Lucien starts asking why his bike is falling apart we all know it's just because of the way Apache trashed it   :lol:

Hope your hand gets better!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

apache

Hey now!!!!!!! thats not my MO, its usually buy high, spend lots on upgrades, sell low and loose my ass. Been doin it that way for to many years. If motorcycles ,trucks and cars were never invented Id be a millionaire by now.