News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Old owner, new member

Started by Thaiger, August 17, 2006, 09:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaiger

Greetings worldwide Tiger tamers.  I've been visiting this forum for some time now, don't know why I never joined really, but felt I had to when I saw someone else use the term I'd thought of for my user name during the discussion over the Thailand factory. (It's on the eastern seaboard, between Bangkok and Pattaya by the way.  It's been there for a while now, producing components that are sent to England for assembly, so anyone with a 2004 / 2005+ Triumph is already riding a part Thai bike).

Anyway, a bit of information:  I'm from New Zealand, living in Thailand for the past 15 years, on the Thai - Cambodia border.  I have 97 and 02 models (couldn't bring myself to sell the faithful old Steamer when I bought the newer one, now it's used as a visitors bike).  Big bikes are rare in Thailand, Triumphs even rarer.  There are about 5 steamers in the country, but to my knowledge I have the only 955 model there (anyone know otherwise, I'd like to meet another one).   Both are perfect bikes for Thailand, where the roads alternate between well maintained highways to dirt tracks, often with the one turning into the other with no warning and on a blind corner.

That's about it, anyone headed to Thailand for a ride let me know, it's a great place to tour in.

By the way, been following the colour arguments - which one is faster / meaner / tougher, as a Kiwi, there's only one colour: both my Tiggers are All Black.

Clemski

Like it  :P  Even though mines silver,

Cheers Clemski
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

Silverstripes

Yep

I Agree Silver has it all :twisted:  :twisted:

Mudhen

Are you guys serious?  Silver?  :lol:

Diablo black, baby...all the way!

There is no substitute.
\'96 Steamer

klrbill

Thaiger, welcome!  Mine's black.  Wouldn't really have any other color.  Though I did buy used Silver Factory Panniers and with them mounted, it changes the whole "nature of the beast" so to speak.

I'll have to get some pictures together...
Sincerely,

KLR Bill

Thaiger

To tell you the truth, when there's only a few in the country I wasn't too fussed what colour they were, I was just glad to get them.  They just both happened to be black - which is obviously the best.

Jim S

:lol:  :lol:

Welcome mate, as for colour, there's not better than the Lucifer orange!

Enjoy!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

My user name says it all!