News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Outrigger Bung

Started by squarepeg, August 29, 2006, 04:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squarepeg

After buying so many of these buggers I finally memorized the name:  it's the round plastic cap that covers the bolt that connects the swingarm to the frame.

I've been losing one side or the other about every two thousand miles.

Do you think these things are really necessary?  Have you found a way to keep the things on more securely?

- martin
a squarepeg in sj

\'05 Triumph 955i Tiger

\'05 Honda VT750  Shadow Aero

tigger955i

:) Silicon sealant !!  :wink:

Jim S

:lol:  :lol:

Agree, silicon! Can't beat it!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

JRO

Outrigger bung...

Thanks; at least now I know what it's called.  I have one.  Both fell off, the first couple of days I owned the bike.  Found one laying by the curb, the next week.  Popped it back on, and it has actually stayed - like a miracle.  The other was just lost in space.  I keep meaning to get a replacement when I stop in at the dealer, but it seems I always forget.

When new, I think these things are too slick to hold in place.  Try stepping on them, grind them around a little, and then they'll stay on.  Of course, any type of sealant would be helpful.
JRO

2006 Tiger

squarepeg

Thanks Cats.  

Silicon sealant makes sense.  Should be relatively easy to peel off if necessary.  I'll pick up a tube when I'm on my way to the dealer to order two more of these things - I'm missing them both.

- martin
a squarepeg in sj

\'05 Triumph 955i Tiger

\'05 Honda VT750  Shadow Aero