News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

??? P0352 Ingnition coil 2 malfunction

Started by klingklang, August 24, 2006, 11:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

I change my sparkplug to ngk iridium las weekend. My bike was running well since that time. Today, just afet a 15minute stop, the bike started but was running weird, Hum clearly, one piston was not working. Once home, I plug my computer to it (thanks tuneboy) and have those error code.

P0352 Ingnition coil 2 malfunction

P1352 Ingnition coil 2 open circuit/short circuit to ground

Could it be a bad sparkplug that create that?

toddtruby

Disclaimer:  I am an auto mechanic, not a m/c mechanic.

A bad spark plug would most likely set a misfire code.  The coil would still charge and collapse but no spark would occur.

I think this code is indicitave of a bad coil.  You could switch plugs and/or coils to  isolate the problem.

klingklang

you where right, not the sparkplug, at first look. The number connector snap dont work well. It is not clipping so the cable was loose. I can revove it just by pulling the cable a bit. It went probably out when I put back the air filter housing.  I heated the snap tab a bit and force it down. Now it snap.  I will test is with the computer later, since I have to stop but I'm pretty sure that was the problem.  Just a lot of work to put back the cable.