News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Droped the Tiger

Started by tonyb, December 07, 2006, 07:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyb

Droped the tiger after just about getting back up petrol was coming from the over flow pipe of the carbs (I THINK) took the tank off and had a go at the carbs as I think flot must be suck. Put it all back thinking it's done. And your got it still the same. Before never had to turn the petrol off now have to all the time. Has any one come acrossed this before and what did you have to do, Thought the flot would come down on it's own. Still you know what thought did. Help Thanks.
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Advwannabe

Hey Tonyb,

It sounds like you've stirred up the sediment in the bottom of the carb bowls when you dropped your tiger. Hope you are both o.k by the way.

You can try carb cleaner or undoing the bowls to free up the float/needle and seat/ whatever is gummed up. However, if it was dirty enough inthere to cause a problem in the first place its probably time for a proper clean and service. I've never stripped the carbs on a Tirumph. Others on the list may have additional wisdom.

Good luck,
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

ned37

as russell indicated, you prolly shook some crud loose, but it was more than likely upstream in the fuel line/ tank and is now lodged in the float needle orifice.  the only solution is to flush fresh gas thru the needle by draining the bowls and refilling several times til it quits drooling.  when the tank is off, and carbs are free is a good time to install a good inline filter.

ned
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

tonyb

Thanks for you reply the tiger had an on in line filter fitted before i got the bike it's only done 13000m. The service history shows it had a few problems before with the carbs before. I was told by the person i got the bike from he had done it his self . As he took it back from where he got it and they had not repaired the carbs. Still we live and learn. It should have its 12000m service as the owner before told me he did all his own servicing. There go another £400/£500.
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Advwannabe

Live and learn Tonyb,

The good news here is that with only 12k on the clock nothing major has been likely been done to the bikeby the previous dealers/owners.

I remember when I had the time and expertise to do my own servicing and tuning. Messing around with the fuel injection on my Tiger or Suburu intimidates me more than it probably should

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180