News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEW TIGER OWNER

Started by Idhosam, November 20, 2006, 06:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

Hey Bloaker,

Nice bike to bin! Sorry about the RC51, hope you are both o.k

13k of those were on the one trip and I think I may be cheating a bit: Kilometers not miles. Still really happy with the bike touring, running down a dirt road or even trying to keep a sports bike in sight.

Wouldn't mind a KLR as a second bike though, ideal for the Territory!

Cheers[/quote]
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

bwvtom

Welcome to Tiger Ownership!

My 02 tiger is just ticking over to 60000 Kms (due for its first big service)

with no problems so far, including some serious desert miles in outback South Australia.

You might want to piss off those crappy plastic fittings coming out of the fuel injection pump in the tank though, they tend to crack after a while, as you have to disconnect them each time to clean the air filter.
B-burl

Advwannabe

Bmvtom wrote:

QuoteYou might want to piss off those crappy plastic fittings coming out of the fuel injection pump in the tank though, they tend to crack after a while, as you have to disconnect them each time to clean the air filter.

What's your suggested solution? I have the factory retro fitted metal fittings on my 02 but I think one half is stil plastic.

I'm foolishly going to chase a pack of thumpers around the deserts and ranges in SA in June this year. Any set up suggestions?

Cheers
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Advwannabe

I've forgotten my manners Idhosam,

Belated welcome and thanks for the pics of your bikes. I'm a bit jealous of the KLR but no finanace department approval is pending

Cheers
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Idhosam

Quote from: "Advwannabe"I've forgotten my manners Idhosam,

Belated welcome and thanks for the pics of your bikes. I'm a bit jealous of the KLR but no finanace department approval is pending

Cheers

No problem!  Didn't bother me I've been busy with my new kitty to think of such things. it's winter here I am salivating better weather I believe it's your summer eh  Ride on.

William Reber

:D  May of 06 I purchase my new Tiger 10,000 mile into her now and she has not let me down other than the rotors which were replaced for free. How long will she last ? All I can say it's the only mill I have ever owned that is both Oil and liquid cooled so my thought is she can go the distance. I would like to know of any Tiger that has gone say over the 100 K marker with not major overhaul.

Great Escape Tours

Hey Sam,

You and I share a few things in common! DS riding, for one, and our bikes. I own a 2003 KLR 650, and a year after I bought that, I purchased a 2005 Tiger. I love them both!

The questions you asked were good, but you really don't have to worry about longer trips. I rode mine from Indiana, back to California, with three 600 mile days in the mix. The handling, the smooth ride, the balanced beauty of the powerband...*sigh*  Good stuff! I bought it for the express purpose of being my personal 'guide bike' when I lead tours for my company.

As for the old-school Triumphs, you're right: they weren't working correctly unless there was a puddle of oil underneath them. These new-school bikes are sealed up beautifully.

Welcome to the club...=)

Dug Shelby
Great Escape Motorcycle Tours

www.great-escape-tours.com

TRKTEK

I couldn't let this thread go without comment........Sir, you have what I consider the best motorcycle stable available..... You will no doubt have a great love affair with the big cat, yet when things get mucky the Mighty KLR will pull you through.....

I presently ride an '05 Tiger, but alas recently had my KLR ('03) stolen.... :evil:       If it weren't for the analgesic effect of a blast on a Tiger  :D  The mourning period might have been much longer......I do plan however to replace the KLR for the daily commute and back country pissing about.....Great choices both my friend....

Steve
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Idhosam

Dug,

Dsing is my first love, I spend a lot of time Ïon the roads less traveledÓ mostly solo.  Regarding your road trip on the Tiger that is a great testament; my first long road trip was in 1975 on a new 75 HD sportster from Florida to El Paso TX, but that a beer drinking story.

I am truly starting to have a strong affection for my new kitty; thus far itÌs been a sheer joy to ride(smooooth power band).  In all my research I cannot find one negative about TriumphÌs triple series, must be a tribute to Hinkley.

Yea in the days of old we use to say what do Harleys and Triumphs have in common; if you park the bike and donÌt have a puddle of oil under it youÌre out of oil

I sort of envy your ability to turn your love of riding into a vocation; IÌd love to start something like that up here as I know so many backcountry places to ride.

To TRKTEK,  Thank you, while I am eagerly awaiting spring to really ride my new kitty I can assure you the KLR will not go to pasture as I live in a DS Mecca.

speedjunkie

Quoteas I live in a DS Mecca.

You really don't have to rub it in, do ya'?   :cry:

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

Idhosam

Quote from: "speedjunkie"
Quoteas I live in a DS Mecca.

You really don't have to rub it in, do ya'?   :cry:

Mike

Well didn't mean to but...since it's winter and nothing to do...

Check these out:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174895

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180439

:P

speedjunkie

Now that's just plain cruel! :(

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

Idhosam

Quote from: "speedjunkie"Now that's just plain cruel! :(

Mike

speedjunkie, your welcome!  so, when you coming out for a ride through some of the best DS riding anywhere.  Got a Hells Canyon/Wallowa valley OR ride in the works for May :D