News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New bike

Started by worgoose, January 12, 2007, 03:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worgoose

I am buying a 06 tiger today:D does anyone out there have any advice as this is my first DP bike I have always been a Guzzi guy.
06 Tiger

00 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

zombie

Quote from: "worgoose"I am buying a 06 tiger today:D does anyone out there have any advice  .

Yep be careful the grin doesn't get locked in place and enjoy :lol:

worgoose

What speed can I expect to be able to cruse when forced to ride the superslab7 :?:
06 Tiger

00 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

jhawk

Quote from: "worgoose"What speed can I expect to be able to cruse when forced to ride the superslab7 :?:

You are in no danger of holding up traffic. Watch out for speed traps.
Mike ....... \'06 Tiger, silver

TigerTrax

SO...

Go out a put in a 1000 mile day.... then ask yourself if the Tiger is OK!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

TripleFan

Quote from: "worgoose"What speed can I expect to be able to cruse when forced to ride the superslab7 :?:

What speed do you want to cruise at....  :D  As already mentioned watch for speed traps. :smt006
Triplefan

2005 Tiger

XS850LG

XS850G

Advwannabe

Hi Worgoose,

Congratulations! you've hit the jackpot for all roads fun. The 1000 mile trip is good advice, make sure you throw in some formed dirt roads and some two track so you get a feel for what she can do.

One thing is that a lot of us manage to drop our Tiger in the garage or at low speed fairly shortly after we get them. They are top heavy so take a little extra care at first.

Finally a question: how does a Guzzi rider find his way onto a Tigger? Guzzis are fine bikes, but apart from the Quota, quite different.

Cheers,
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

worgoose

I always likes Triumph and at one time conciterd both a Thunderbird Sport and a Speed Triple.   Last Year I broke my neck in a MMA match and can't do the cafe race thing anymore at least not for a full day.  Tried the Harley thing lasted 3 months, hate the costume and attitude.  I like 4 weeling but never road a dirt bike mike be too old to learn but thought if the tiger can both tour and play alittle in the dirt why not.
06 Tiger

00 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport