News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine mounting bolts

Started by gsp0702, February 19, 2007, 09:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsp0702

I have a set of crash bars to fit to my 955i tiger, and obviously i need to remove two of the top engine mounting bolts, the supplied allen key looks like it will just rip the bolt head apart, am i best getting hold of a hexagon bit and adaptor of the right size to fit a socket set? Or are there any other options. SUggestsions and advice would be appreciated.

Chris Canning

You'll need 55 torque bit,you can get them in keys,adaptors that are interchangable,or torque set.

steveb

I have one that fits a half inch socket wrench that you can borrow, used to use it on ford pinto engine head bolts.

Steve

gsp0702

Thanks for the offer but i reckon its probably worthwhile adding that to my own tool box for future use.

greg

Make sure when fitting you do one side at a time!
2004 Girly.

AND, make sure the bolts are long enough to reach and bite into the "locking" part of the nut when you do it all up. Otherwise you'll loose the nuts and bolts when riding along. I've actually put longer bolts in mine to make sure because I did loose mine. Both sides went missing riding through France. I only realised when I cleaned the bike at home. Fortunately everything was still lined up OK.