News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

So how do I go about...

Started by Ken_T_frm_CA, April 28, 2007, 05:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken_T_frm_CA

getting the instrument cowl off so I can get at the adjustment screws for the headlights on my 06 Tiger?  Does the tank gotta come off or??

Any help appreciated and tanks in advance!
Ken T. from Ca.

\"I don\'t approve of political jokes..I\'ve seen too many of them get elected.\"

95\' Trident, 02\' Bonneville, 06\' Tiger

http://www.labiker.com/members/index.php?cc63d31418542

JRO

No, you won't have to remove the tank.

Remove the windscreen.  Remove the parking/turn signal lights.  Remove the fairing.  Then, you can get at the adjuster screws.

It's not as bad as it might appear.  Just make sure you are happy with your lights, before reassembling the bike, or you will have to disassemble it, to change the adjustment.

The factory headlight setting sucks.  Wouldn't illuminate a decent garage.  My suggestion is the adjust the brights high, and widen them out some.  Properly adjusted, I find the lights quite adequate (and I'm always crying about bikes not having good headlights).
JRO

2006 Tiger

Bear

Quote from: "JRO"No, you won't have to remove the tank.

Remove the windscreen.  Remove the parking/turn signal lights.  Remove the fairing.  Then, you can get at the adjuster screws.

It's not as bad as it might appear.  Just make sure you are happy with your lights, before reassembling the bike, or you will have to disassemble it, to change the adjustment.

The factory headlight setting sucks.  Wouldn't illuminate a decent garage.  My suggestion is the adjust the brights high, and widen them out some.  Properly adjusted, I find the lights quite adequate (and I'm always crying about bikes not having good headlights).

Jumped though those hoops two days ago, made a huge difference with 55/100w bulbs.
2006 Black Tiger
Street Triple (Minister for War & Finance)
DZR 250 K6 (Kids)
KTM 600
TT600
XT250
KT120

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Ken_T_frm_CA

Thanks for the input.  Job done!  And it should go easier next time.
Ken T. from Ca.

\"I don\'t approve of political jokes..I\'ve seen too many of them get elected.\"

95\' Trident, 02\' Bonneville, 06\' Tiger

http://www.labiker.com/members/index.php?cc63d31418542

JRO

Quote from: "Bear"Jumped though those hoops two days ago, made a huge difference with 55/100w bulbs.

Tell me about these brighter bulbs.  I have intended to try some better lights, but I forgot what wattage, ect., were recommended.  Are you certain these are okay, for the long run?

I just hate it when something melts.
JRO

2006 Tiger