News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What £15 can get you.

Started by ghostbiker955i, April 22, 2007, 12:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostbiker955i

I was watching ppl keep putting up links to video they have taken and thought how can i do this but on a REALY low budget.

So with a max budget of 20 crispy notes i set about an Ebay search for cheap video cams, wanted a digi one to make posting easy and pref with SD mem card.

Finaly got a deal on a 2nd hand cam. 4megapixels, introperlated to 8meg.  its cheap and chearfull at £15. new cost is around 60 i think.

Set of rechargable bats £3 and a couple of clips and a plate to make a mounting plate.

First i fitted it to my daughters MX bike and today affter finaly finishing my mounting plate i took it for a little spin on the Kitty. It was lat eve so dusk was comming in. it didnt like the low light much. but shows what you can do for VERY little money.

Might want to turn the sound off as its mostly just wind noise. working on a wind shield next :)

Click pic to open the Video

And MX on board my daughters bike

If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

JRO

I guess the camera is fine, and I'm all for saving money.  Myself, I'm not into recording the moment.

One thing, though - You are one serious wild man.  I can't believe the way you take off, zipping along on the wrong side of the road!  Wow, dude... How old are you?  Like, you must work your guardian angle, overtime!  And then some of those OTHER people driving along on the wrong side.  Awesome!  How'd you arrange that, or do you just live in a whole town full of savages?

Cool.
JRO

2006 Tiger

ghostbiker955i

Well i could go in to the whole "its everyone else in the world that drives on the wrong side" argument...... oh hell i will :P

Back in the days of Knights and sword carrying  you allways wore your sword on the left and passed an oncomming rider so that your sword hand (right hand normaly) could draw and defend yourself with ease.

M.T.

Yeah, that seems like about $15.00 worth!    :D
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

JRO

Quote from: "ghostbiker955i"Back in the days of Knights and sword carrying  you allways wore your sword on the left and passed an oncomming rider so that your sword hand (right hand normaly) could draw and defend yourself with ease.

You mean you ride on the wrong side, in case you want to slaughter some passerby with a sword?

Far out, dude.  That just too radical.  You should come to the States.  I know some people who appreciate that kind of extremism.  Wow...
JRO

2006 Tiger

ghostbiker955i

still struggling to get the cam to handle light changes well some times its great other times its dark.

This is todays effort :)

iansoady

Looks pretty good for 20 quid. There seems to be a "wave" moving vertically which makes the leading bike look even bouncier than my Tiger.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

ghostbiker955i

Yeah i spoted that to, thought it was heatwave from the engine and downpipes at first now i just think its interferance on the cam, but could be anything realy :)

zombie

Quote from: "ghostbiker955i"Yeah i spoted that to, thought it was heatwave from the engine and downpipes at first now i just think its interferance on the cam, but could be anything realy :)

nope it's a ghost of one of them knights  trying to explain the whole riding on the wrong side of the road thingy

Ecktoplasma rules 8)