News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2001 Tiger 955i FS. Clean! Only 12.5k miles. Southeast PA

Started by klrbill, May 03, 2007, 10:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klrbill

2001 Tiger 995i, black, silver stripes.  About 12,500 miles.

-Kelly Blue Book says it is worth $5510 in retail value.  

-This year didn't come with bags, but I have factory hard bags, top and side (silver top halfs, black bottoms).  Top is mounted.  I have all hardware to mount the sides except bolts.  This is worth what?  $1200+ new?

-Bike has been babied.  Very clean.  Motor black still shines.

-Still needs 12k service, which I'm told is between $300 and $500 depending where you go.

-Its been a daily rider back and forth to work for me.  This year it appears there has developed a very small oil leak out the valve cover.  It is not a noticable at any point execept after its been run and I leave it sit for a couple days, I get a tiny spot of oil on the concrete floor.  I traced it up to where it looks like it's coming from the headcover gasket.  The good news is...part of the 12k mile service includes valve adjust so they need to pull the headcovers anyhow.  This should be fixed up just by doing the normal service.

-Runs absolutely perfectly.

-Meltzer tires still have decent tread.  May need replacing toward end of season if you are a hard rider.

-PA Inspection still good.

-Loobman chain oiler installed.

-First $5250 takes the bike, with the bags.  Needs $500 (absolute max I've ever heard it cost) 12k service, but you're getting $1200+ in hard bags.  Buyer must come to my house to test ride and purchase.  Reason for selling is because schedule is so tight...I have to limit free time to family stuff.

Aside from that basically stock.  Very clean.  Paint in excellent condition.  Haven't taken pics yet but drop me a line and I'll send you plenty of pictures.

Again, email me with any questions, and for pictures!  Thanks!!

-Bill Ryder

mailto:me@billryder.com">me@billryder.com
Sincerely,

KLR Bill