News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Only time will tell.......... Item number: 260117822507

Started by bloaker, May 17, 2007, 03:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloaker

Yup....

I am contemplating a switch to the dark side... R1200GS

Pretty much set up the way I would do it.  6000 miles less than my Tiger...  

Only time will tell if I can steal this thing.

JRO

There's a reason you can find these Broken Motor Works bikes up for auction so frequently...

The previous owner actually tried riding it.

Just a little something to consider, while shopping or bidding.
JRO

2006 Tiger

bloaker

11 thousand miles on a one year old bike.  Hmmm.... I guess the rode it some.  

Sorry, I am not the type to stereo type.  There are just as many posers at the local Triumph Shop as there are at the BMW shop.

burntclutch

Quote from: "bloaker"11 thousand miles on a one year old bike.  Hmmm.... I guess the rode it some.  

Sorry, I am not the type to stereo type.  There are just as many posers at the local Triumph Shop as there are at the BMW shop.

I hear ya man, but you can't expect too much love for those tanks here since so many of us specifically chose the Tiger over that GS.

I'd love to have their aftermarket depth...but I could do without the Aerostitch uniform. ;)

/I keed

JRO

I used Broken Motor Works for a lot more than 11,000miles.  

Most of those used BMW's seem to have 2,000-12,000 miles on them.  The reason?  They were purchased to impress the neighbors, and got used for a few Summer tours.  After a few thou builds up on the bikes, it's time to get rid of them - The owners start learning about massive failures; maybe they even had one, and don't want to deal with another.

Buying a used BMW is $ waiting to happen.  Or worse - maybe you'll end up in the hospital, for a nice round through rehab.  It finally sunk home to me, after my second rear drive failure... My oldest boy said, "Dad, that thing is a deathtrap".

He was right.  I know of two people who have had catastrophic rear drive failures new/nearly new Broken Motor Works.  One spent 4months in ICU and rehab.  The other walked away without a scratch... But his fiancee is still in rehab.

Nicest bikes I ever owned, to barely survive to talk about.

Whatever you do, I truly wish you luck.
JRO

2006 Tiger

fano

Quote from: "JRO"I used Broken Motor Works for a lot more than 11,000miles.  

Most of those used BMW's seem to have 2,000-12,000 miles on them.  The reason?  They were purchased to impress the neighbors, and got used for a few Summer tours.  After a few thou builds up on the bikes, it's time to get rid of them - The owners start learning about massive failures; maybe they even had one, and don't want to deal with another.

Buying a used BMW is $ waiting to happen.  Or worse - maybe you'll end up in the hospital, for a nice round through rehab.  It finally sunk home to me, after my second rear drive failure... My oldest boy said, "Dad, that thing is a deathtrap".

He was right.  I know of two people who have had catastrophic rear drive failures new/nearly new Broken Motor Works.  One spent 4months in ICU and rehab.  The other walked away without a scratch... But his fiancee is still in rehab.

Nicest bikes I ever owned, to barely survive to talk about.

Whatever you do, I truly wish you luck.

You are killing me :smt003

No seriously I am glad you are OK

greg

Well I've seen BMW's, particularly the 1200, used in anger in very hostile terrain and just about any other make fares better. They just aren't up to it. The only bike I know that gives more trouble is the XT660, which simply shakes itself to bits.

I'd wouldn't touch a BMW wth a bargepole, now a KTM is a bit more like it.
2004 Girly.

JRO

QuoteYou are killing me :smt003

No seriously I am glad you are OK

Try this link -

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/probl ... search.cfm

Not many bother to complain to the NHTSA, but it's not a bad place to start researching for your new bike.
JRO

2006 Tiger